Things to Consider
Plastic surgery should be a rewarding experience and we strive to ensure that our patients are satisfied with our care from start to finish. We encourage you ask yourself and Dr. Barroso the following questions:
QUESTIONS TO ASK YOURSELF
1. Am I physically healthy, eating right and not smoking?
2. Do I have realistic expectations for the results of my procedure?
3. Am I considering plastic surgery for myself or to fit someone else’s ideals?
4. Have I spent time researching the qualifications of my plastic surgeon?
5. Have I reviewed with my plastic surgeon any medical conditions, drug allergies, use of medications (including vitamins, herbal medications, diet supplements)?
6. Have I reviewed with my plastic surgeon past surgery (including cosmetic) or treatments such as Dermal fillers, Botox, Lasers, etc.?
7. Am I ready to do my part to ensure the success of my procedure?
8. Do I know the procedure’s potential after-effects and recovery time?
9. Have all my questions been thoroughly addressed by my plastic surgeon?
10. Do I feel comfortable with my surgeon and his staff, will they respond to my needs after surgery?
QUESTIONS TO ASK YOUR PLASTIC SURGEON
1. Are you a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery or the American Society of Plastic Surgeons?
2. Are you certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery?
3. Where and how will you perform my procedure?
4. Do you have privileges to perform my procedure in a hospital? If so, at which hospitals?
5. Is the surgical facility accredited by a nationally or state-recognized accrediting agency?
6. What will be expected of me to get the best results?
7. What is the length of the recovery period, and what kind of recovery help will I need?
8. Are their alternative procedures I could consider and what are the pros and cons?
9. Who on staff will be performing my procedure and what are their qualifications?
10. What risks and complications are associated with my procedure and how are they handled?
11. What are my options if I am dissatisfied with the outcome?
12. Do you have before-and-after photos that illustrate this procedure and show results that are reasonable for me to expect?
Information credited to - beauty for life booklet compiled by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, Inc.