South Miami Surgery Center
South Miami Surgery Center is a state-of-the-art surgical facility in the heart of South Miami. Opened in 2007, the surgery center was designed for the specific needs of General, ENT, Gynecology and Plastic surgeons offering outpatient services, as well as, extended 24-hour overnight care.
The center was built with the goal of providing the highest quality of care and safety to its patients. Our board certified anesthesiologists provide the full gamut of general, sedation, and regional anesthesia. Our mission is to provide an affordable facility without sacrificing quality of care. To demonstrate our commitment to safety, the center is registered with the Florida Department of Health and certified by the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities (AAAASF), recognized as one of the gold standards in the health care industry.
The surgery center is conveniently located at the crossroads of some of Miami·s finest communities including Coral Gables, Pinecrest, Kendall, South Miami, and Coconut Grove. We are on Sunset Drive near South Dixie highway across the street from South Miami Hospital.
Surgery Center Highlights
- Fully accredited through AAAASF
- Registered with the Florida Department of Health
- Board Certified Plastic Surgeons with privileges at local hospitals
- Board Certified Anesthesiologists
- Modern anesthesia equipment and monitors
- Full line of surgical/endoscopic equipment
- Automated power plant for electrical outages
- High airflow humidity controlled AC systems with HEPA filtration
- Electrical isolation systems for patient safety
- Hospital grade floors, walls and ceilings
- Instrument processing and sterilization onsite
- Clinical staff ACLS certified
- Full-time MD Medical Director onsite
- 24-hour overnight recovery with a Registered Nurse available
- Two major hospitals within walking distance
- Access controlled and ADA compliant
- 24-hour video security system