South Miami Surgery Center
Surgical procedures are performed at our very own facility, South Miami Surgery Center. Opened in 2007, the center is registered with the Florida Department of Health and certified by the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities (AAAASF), recognized as one of the gold standards in the health care industry. Our staff includes board certified anesthesiologists, a full-time medical director and AAAASF inspector on-site as well as a full-time nurses and medical technicians. To date, over 3,000 surgical procedures have been safely performed at South Miami Surgery Center without any reportable complications or adverse events.
The surgery center was built with the goal of providing the highest quality of patient care and safety, while offering a full spectrum of outpatient surgical services. The center has a private entrance and waiting area built for the comfort and confidentiality of our patients and their families.
When patients arrive they are greeted by a member of our caring and knowledgeable staff who then escort them into a private area for preoperative preparations. Surgery is performed in one of our two modern, state-of-the-art operating rooms and patients recover in their own private room that is designed for care as well as comfort. For patients who require additional care, our center is certified for extended overnight 24 hour recovery to ensure that patients go home safely and comfortably.
Surgery Center Highlights
• Fully accredited through AAAASF
• Registered with the Florida Department of Health
• Board Certified Plastic Surgeons with privileges at local hospitals
• Board Certified Anesthesiologists
• Modern anesthesia equipment and monitors
• Full line of surgical/endoscopic equipment
• Automated power plant for electrical outages
• High airflow humidity controlled AC systems with HEPA filtration
• Electrical isolation systems for patient safety
• Hospital grade floors, walls and ceilings
• Instrument processing and sterilization onsite
• Clinical staff ACLS certified
• Full-time MD Medical Director onsite
• 24-hour overnight recovery available
• Two major hospitals within walking distance
• Access controlled and ADA compliant
• 24-hour video security system